Monday, November 29, 2004

 

Lights, Camera, Action

The dash lights in my car have not worked in months: rather annoying to say the least. When driving at night I have to turn on the dome light to see how fast I’m driving. I usually set the cruise control when I’m on highways and that helps. I can’t see my gauges though and I’m a person who likes to keep track of what the car is doing, beyond the steering and throttle inputs. I finally decided the car must go in for service, which, I feared, would cost an arm-and-a-leg. Well, driving way over the speed limit on a twisty-turny road two nights ago the dash lights sprang back to life. I felt like I was in the cockpit of a space shuttle. I had no idea how many things were actually lit up at night: the gauge cluster, the door lock and window controls, PRNDL selector, radio, and the heating and cooling controls. I’m thrilled to see my lights back. They worked again tonight when I went to the store too!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?