Saturday, December 11, 2004

 

Happy happy happy happy

I've owned a 1970 Dodge Superbee for a few years now. The car is a "basket case." In gear-head terms, this means I brought the car home totally disassembled in baskets and cardboard boxes. I have not been able to do much work to the car because it costs large sums of money, something I've never really had access too. Nevertheless, I’ve worked on the car bit by bit by bit by bit. I'm now to the part where I need to start in on the body work.

Bodywork is very expensive. Total body restoration shops want $20,000 - $30,000 just to straighten out the metal, prep, and paint the car. I've been in a situation where I can't pay this type of money, don't know how to do the work myself, but don't want to sacrifice the quality of the finished product for a quick-fix and cheap paint job.

One of the owners of the company I work for has lots of experience doing restoration bodywork and wants to help me for free! He access to materials, a shop, tools, and other people with several years of experience. I am extremely excited about this. I am going over to his shop today to take some of the body panels over there so we can begin work.

One step closer.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?