Wednesday, January 26, 2005

 

Better to stay home

I get to stay at home today! The hot water heater went out yesterday. In trying to find parts, not finding parts, and finding a place to shower I managed to not go to bed until midnight. This means I didn't get up at 5am to go to work. If I don't get up by 5am, I don't beat the traffic, and my 50 mile 1 hour drive turns into a 50 mile 2.5 hour drive (or worse). I called the boss at 7:30 to say I had not even left home yet. He told me to just stay at home. This is actually not a bad thing.

Now that I have the finances in hand I have grande loads of work to do and much of it can be done while sitting on my couch, listening to classical music, working on a company laptop at home. I have experience with managerial accounting and have had course work in financial account (aka. don't really know what I'm doing -- yet). I really wanted the books so that I could analyze the company on a managerial basis. The books were so poorly kept, in such bad shape, and things were not scheduled to turn around any time soon that I was given the task of fixing things. Now I have to setup the general ledger and figure out how to do all of this stuff! All of this work just so I can get the data to do my analysis.

We would really like to pay ourselves more and get an office. When the financial planning amounts to the statement, "we're getting there," you know you are in trouble. Hopefully I'll be able to get a gasp on all of this very quickly. Once that is done then I can find out why we are bleeding money, start plugging some of the holes, get us in the black, then start doing some planning for future growth, an office, and raises and bonuses.

Any one got a Snickers? I'm going to be here a while!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?