Saturday, February 19, 2005

 

Breakdown Sound

So the headlight/dash-light problem in the Monte Carlo got worse. Then the engine started missing real bad. After plugs and wires I decided to take it to a dealership. As it would turn out the body computer (or body control module - bcm) had shorted out. I was happy that I might be able to send the bcm back to Delphi and an old boss there that I didn't like. I used to work for Delphi, know that their quality sucks, and was excited to get to rub it in the face of an idiot boss. I had the dealership leave the broken module in my car. Much to my dismay, the broke module was made by Motorola. At least the problem with the dash lights is now fixed.

The other problem with the car is that the catalytic converter is clogged up. The new factory unit costs $700. I can get an high flow after market unit for $200. Hmmmmm, Chilort likes performance and hates high dealership costs. I wonder what he will do.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?