Thursday, February 24, 2005

 

Tech interview

So I had my interview at the The Georgia Institute of Technology College of Management today. I feel it went well. There are things I wish I would have said and things I wish I wouldn't have said and directions I am glad the conversation took and directions I would have like to have seen the conversation move toward. Hey, that's life, and all-in-all I'm happy with it. The one professor I've been speaking with the most, because I like what she studies the most, was not there.

I had already had the opportunity to speak with her and have been in good e-mail contact with her over the months. The fact that she didn't feel she needed to be there seems to be a good sign to me. If I made a bad initial impression she might need to take a 2nd look or, possibly, I wouldn't have made it this far in the process. But, since she wasn't there, I am guessing I made a good impression.

I guess the waiting has really just started. Now I need to know how the interviews turned out (will be sending thank you notes to the 4 people I did talk to in a couple of days), then I need to see if I can find enough funding, then I need to check my conscience to see if I feel okay leaving the little company I've been working with. I thought it might be good to wait another year before starting my Ph.D. but if I get in ... I had a lot of fun talking to these guys today. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Comments:
Yeah, I almost always get a little verbal diarrhea when I interview, especially for someting I really want
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?