Friday, March 04, 2005

 

Bust

Tonight was just about a total bust.

I tried going to Lens Crafters first. I had an apt at 6:30pm. I went to the mall where I thought the store was located, since it was 6:30 I didn't drive around the mall looking for it, I went straight in and looked at the director -- no Lens Crafters listed. I left the mall, drove around, I had the address, and the mall was pretty much the only place it could be, so I went back. Drove around the mall this time and sure enough it was there. I went it but now it is like 6:40 - 6:45pm. I waited about 10min inside the store and no one ever came to me to ask if I needed help. Finally, I notice there are people around a corner, well, this turns out to be the eye doctors office located within the Lens Crafters' store. I tell her who I am and she basically tells me they close at 7pm, the eye doctor took another patient and could I schedule for another date. I tell her that I waited in the store for 10min without anyone asking me if I need help, this was my one day off work, and there are other Lens Crafter stores in the state that will likely get my business. Grrrr. And I need the exam (probably $130 or so), contacts (no less than $100 I'm sure), and glasses (guessing another $200). They lost out on over $400 worth of business. Good job.

Then I went down to the Mall of Georgia area to look for new amplifiers since the one in my car decided to try to destroy my sub woofer. I went to Hi Fi Buys, Best Buy, and H.H. Greg to no avail. I know I am looking for something special but I am surprised at how little seems to be out on the market these days in quality amplifiers. I refuse to buy junk and no one seems to carry the high end Rockford Fosgate, PPI, or other good brands. I am also surprised at the lack of versatility of the Alpine line -- I remember when these were top notch. I want an 4 channel amp where I can run 2 speakers at 4ohms then bridge the other two channels and run it a 2ohms. I am either going to have to get a 5 channel amp (which is fine because I can run the front speakers with the amp rather than the head unit like I do now) or get two amplifiers, one for the rears and one for the sub. Both of these options add up to big bucks that I really do not have to spend right now on an amplifier (read above about the eye doctor). What a pain in the ass.

Comments:
A year of contact's about $80, less if you have a rebate. Which leaves at least $20 out of your budgeted money to spend on pretty things for your girlfriend.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?