Wednesday, March 23, 2005

 

Deep thoughts with Handy Jack

So I had another meeting with Georgia Tech today.

I had no idea that Organizational Behavior Associate Professors made so much damn money. Check out the AACSB for yourself if you don't believe me. And GA Tech has high placement, because they are a good program, meaning even higher pay. I mean, I was getting into this because I liked the field but the pay thing sure doesn't hurt any.

I put the acceptance letter in the mail tonight. Gasp. That was difficult to do. I like the company I work for. They have done so much for me in such a short amount of time. I really feel like I am letting them down but, I've talked to them and they are really happy for me. It is something I know they knew was coming but I don't think they thought it would be this soon.

It is really too bad that entering the program can't wait but it really can't. The pay I would be passing up is about 3X what I make right now. Plus, Tech only accepts a cohort every other year. So even though all of my stuff would be on record for next year they would not be accepting people into the program and I would have to reapply for 2007. And who knows what could happen between now and 2007 that would prevent/keep me from going to get the Ph.D.

I am very excited about this and I think it is a great thing.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?