Sunday, March 13, 2005

 

ZAP POW

I got to weld today. M bought a MIG welder a few months ago but I have never tried to use it. My 'ole man has an old AC buzz box that I have used before but MIG is just about totally different.

Today I wanted to make a stand to hang little parts from so that I can paint them (see link about the Superbee as to why anyone might want something like this). I went down to the Home Despot (I can't believe I still shop at that fucking store) and purchased some small angle iron. I cut the angle iron using M's new chop saw -- huge fan -- and welded the parts together. I've never been the best welder but I get penetration (yup, penetration, that's what they call a good deep ... weld). And now I have my paint rack.

I really hope having a girlfriend doesn't ruin me from being a car guy either: a real car guy, not just someone who looks at and talks about cars. For instance, tonight after I cooked dinner while waiting for it to cool I used a 14.4v battery from my cord-less drill to test the motor for the fan for the Superbee. It is important to note that I had dinner set off to the side of the table to cool while I tested the motor, sitting at the same table and on the placemat I then used for dinner. I also washed the fan for the motor in the kitchen sink. I have a feeling that having a girlfriend around, who wants me to be all nice and clean and junk like that, will try to stop this type of activity. Woe is the man with two lovers.

Comments:
Of course, that's my plan: to take over your life and control you.

Be reasonable, man.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?