Thursday, August 04, 2005

 

Decision Time

There are two "big ticket items" that I would like to purchase. "Big ticket" is, of course, a relative term since I am about to be a very broke student again. I've been thinking about purchasing a queen sized bed but could also use a new television.

I have a junker 27" TV that my mom gave to me, but buying a new television provides its own issues. The remote for the junker isn't the original; only about 1/2 of the functions actually work. The tube is curved more than a basketball. To add insult to injury, I can't make the channel display go away using any of the functions on the remote or on the display. If I were to buy a new TV right now I would have to consider all of the aspect ratio and digital options, not to mention such things as size, built in tuners, and all kinds of other stuff. For the very small amount of TV I watch I really question the value of such a purchase.

My bed is also a pile, yet I already have many accessories for this sized bed. I bought my double bed from my old college land lord. I paid a whole $100 for this metal frame, no head board, box of crap. The box springs are totally shot and broke in at least one spot (they've been fixed once before). I need a new bed but the only way I am getting a new bed is if I can get a bigger one. Of course, by getting a bigger bed my two sets of flannel sheets become worthless. I already made my electric blanket worthless by moving to Atlanta. Maybe, if I'm lucky, someone will just give me a new bed with a good mattress and good box springs.

I'm currently leaning toward the new television. My room is very small and a bigger bed isn't likely to fit with all of the other stuff I have to try to squeeze in here. Plus, I'm really thinking about upgrading the cable so I can watch the F1 races without having to drive 45 minutes to a friend's house.

Well, time for bed. Sleeping this over some might help. But if anyone has an opinion of the Toshiba 30HF85 let me know.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?