Sunday, August 07, 2005

 

Georgia State Highway 400

The awards I would give to Georgia 400 and the people that drive it:


I could go on with this list, and, in the future, I likely will.

I do want to point out a couple of things:
  1. When merging onto a major highway it is helpful for all of the other drivers if the driver of the merging car tries to match the speed of traffic and uses his or her rearview mirrors to find an appropriate merging spot. This is opposed to just coming down the ramp and swerving into traffic hoping all other people will get out of your way.
  2. The entry ramp for Exit 10 onto Georgia 400 south bound is the most ignorant highway design I have ever seen in my entire life. The engineer that designed this should be shot. No one is ever at the appropriate speed to merge due to this ramp forcing cars to enter the highway at the bottom of a steep hill. The ramp is far to short. The volume of cars added at this ramp calls for another lane.
  3. Georgia MUST require Drivers Education and a drivers test for all 1st time drivers.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?