Thursday, December 08, 2005

 

Wow!

I know I haven't talked much about grad school since I started. Yeah, I've made some statements, but I haven't talked much about it in general.

So far, I love it. It takes all of my time, but it is so much fun for me.

Tonight we had a presentation from a visiting professor. That wasn't what was really exciting. The fun part was dinner afterward at a nice restaurant with the visiting professor and several individuals from the I/O psych department. One of those individuals was Ruth Kanfer. And, well, Dr. Kanfer is very well published and very well respected. She was also very nice and totally engaged in the conversations with us lowly grad students.

It is still amazing to me that these people with their publication records and name recognition will even get into a debate with a bunch of grad students. But I guess we know some stuff too, and we must be pretty smart if we can keep their interest.

What a fun evening. I hope that more of this is what being a Ph.D. student and a professor is really like.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?