Monday, March 27, 2006

 

Hike

Palila has already posted the pictures on Flickr here.

The hike was fun. It was also very cold. It had been in the 70's in the ATL during the day, but 2 cold fronts and a couple thousand feet of elevation change really made a difference.

It was a good thing we brought a tent. While I could go into the details of some very rude deaf hikers -- I won't -- let's just say we were happy to have the tent. The tent trapped the body heat of me, Palila, and Angus. This kept us and our water from freezing at night. We can't say the same thing for the people who stayed in the shelters.

Other than the deaf hikers, we met quite a few people who were very interesting to talk to. That is one of the things I like most about the trail. Since we weren't on a death march like last time, we actually had time to stop and talk with some of these individuals.

I wish I had more time to write about the hike, but I can hear the whip crack of my school work. I really don't want to fail out of grad school, so I'd better get back to it. And there's so much laundry and cleaning of camping stuff left to do too! ... but it was damn fun and I'd do it again.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?