Monday, April 24, 2006

 

Fifth Third Bank Sucks Donkey Balls

I had my car loan with Fifth Third Bank. I think I hated them from the start, but it has been a few years now and I don't remember why.

When I moved from Indiana to Georgia I had to pay a $40 fee to Fifth Third Bank so they would transfer the title to Georgia. A "transfer" may not be exactly what it was called, but it, more or less, breaks down to two things.
  1. Georgia needed to see the title of my car to make sure it really is my car, but the financing company owns the title
  2. The financing company (aka. sucker of donkey balls, aka. Fifth Third Bank) had to make a photocopy of the title and fax it to Georgia.
How this costs $40 I will never know. Of course, Fifth Third Bank also had to have my new address to make sure all of this happens.

About a month and a half ago I decided to pay off my car loan. I sent in the check, plus the extra dollar or so a day for mailing and processing time that would make up for the accrued interest. They cashed it in mid March. Here I sit at the end of April with no car title. I finally called. They tried to send it back to my Indiana address. I have to admit, I was really nice to the lady I was talking to. I didn't even ask "What the fuck is wrong with you people and your stupid fucking system that you make me pay money so that you can fuck up and not know what the fuck is going on?"

My title should be here by the end of the week. And I will NEVER use Fifth Third Bank ever again. This is just the closing chapter in the long saga of this car loan.

Comments:
Your blog looks interesting for me. I am looking for more information of bank companies that offers financial assistance. I just heard about Fifth Third Bank and their tagline attracts to me “The things we do for dreams” it is very inspiring. I want to learn more features of this bank and I found on this interesting portal - Fifth Third Bank
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
I would not recommend them! I think their customer service people are told to act "stupid" in order to get out of things. They "accidentally" lost my rewards points and then promised to fix the problem multiple times. Yet, months later the problem has not been fixed!! How ethically wrong this is really bothers me!!! I mean are they doing that bad that they have to start scamming their customers?? Long story short, I am switching banks to somewhere I can trust. I really do no recommend them. I gave them about 25 chances and they still never fixed it!
Just keep your eye out, check everything, I think they were "hoping" desperately that I would not notice their "mistake". Don't let them do this to us, check everything!!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?