Friday, May 19, 2006

 

Hike

I finally starting to plan my next hike some. I really haven't had much time to plan because I've been working hard on the presentation for my 1st year paper (another story in itself). I plan on hiking from Erwin, Tn to Wauga Dam near Elizabethton, Tn. It should take 6 to 7 days. I have never done a hike that long. The last hike I took as 4 days and my right knee was killing me after the hike. I am going to work to take some weight out of my bag.

I have quite a few things I think I can leave at home. My percolator is really heavy; it won't be going. As much as I like warm food, I'm thinking about leaving the stove at home. I probably won't though. Warm dinner is good and I'll already miss my coffee so much I don't think I want to give up the possibility of some warm meals. My sleeping bag weights a ton. I tried weighing my sleeping bag. I figured it weighed a good 7lbs or so. It looks like I was wrong. I might weigh 5. I can leave some tent parts at home though, including the frost liner, the center support pole, and the vestibule. I'll have to think more about what I can leave home. I'll be wearing fewer clothes, which will also help drop the total weight.

I'm looking forward to the hike to help me clear my head. The hike will be between when I finish the development of my presentation and when I give it. Now I just have to finish the presentation.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?