Thursday, June 08, 2006

 

Cingular Sucks and I Hate Them

My Nokia model 1100b cell phone that I got with a 2 year contract from Cingular does not work in East Tennessee and the adjoining area of North Carolina. I've tried the phone in several locations and pretty much anything east of Nashville is off limits for me.

When I try to make a call from this area my cell phone resets itself (called a "power cycle"). I've now been into two stores in East Tennessee, one in Crossville and one in Johnson City, where the sales clerk was able to say: "yeah, we see this all the time, the Nokia 1100b doesn't work with the 64k smart chip." In summary, Cingular's employees in stores in the East Tennessee region know that the Nokia 1100b does not work with the 64k smart chip in their region. The corporate office, however, has their head in the sand on this matter.

I was told to call Cingular's warranty return department to see about getting another phone. After much yelling I was not really able to get anywhere with them. They did send me another Nokia 1100b to try out. I am going to drive up to North Carolina today (a grand waste of my time and fuel) to see if this phone will do the exact same thing my current phone does. When it power cycles, like I know it will, I am going to have to try very hard not to punch the shit out of something. But then I'll drive back into the Georgia region and get on the phone with Cingular again.

I am going to give Cingular just the one last call to get things sorted out. If they do not respond accordingly I will have to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau against Cingular. I will not be stuck in a two year contract with a phone that does not work where and when it is supposed to work. Cingular provides coverage for their customers in that region and I pay for Cingular's services which includes nation wide no roaming. I am also often in East Tennessee to visit Palila's family. The situation as it stands now is unacceptable. I also wonder if I can be reimbursed for the gas I use today?

Comments:
The phone actually worked! Huh.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?