Monday, August 14, 2006

 

I need an updated

Nothing real big going on, but the 'ole blog here needed an update.

Palila has been working extra special hard on the house. She's been hanging curtains and working long hours by herself to get the dining room done (which is looking great).

This week (actually started last Friday) is the Academy of Management's annual conference. This year it is in Atlanta. I like that it is in Atlanta, because if it would have been somewhere else, as a blooming 2nd year I would not have been able to go (no money for us). But it is here and now I get to spend the majority of a week dressed up, listening to people speak, trying to speak with people, and making sure I don't look like an ass clown in front of everyone.

In electronics news: The B&O quit again. It is at the repair shop. They said it would be about 2 weeks before they would even have a chance to look at it. I also purchased an APC UPS. The UPS has power conditioning, surge protection (for power and phone), and looks like it might run our computers for about a half hour (possibly more if both machines are asleep or nearly asleep). We've had quite a few storms here. I also go to see my cousin's computer this weekend, which must be a lightning magnet (2 mother boards, 2 modems, and finally so dead no one will fix it). I think we made a good decision.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?