Monday, November 06, 2006

 

Another test day

So today is one of those days I just love to bits when it comes to my career as a Ph.D. student: test day. Most of the professors do not give tests or, if they do, they are simple. But this one statistics teacher loves to drive us into the ground. It is all rather annoying because progress on almost everything else stops for at least a week if not longer. I don't work on my other classes unless I must, and I don't work on anything around the house unless I get so cross eyed from studying I have to take a break. I do realize my "normal" Ph.D. student schedule is far from "normal," but I'd rather be back to that schedule than studying all of the time.

I do have, at least a little, good news. I proposed a project to one of the top I/O Psychologists in the world (I'd tell you who it is, but this is the part where I'm trying to make sure my blog doesn't ever get me in trouble) and he/she said yes to the project. I am now very excited. It is a pretty big deal. When I've told some of the other Ph.D. students, and even some of the other factulty, they say things like "wow," and "that's wonderful." So, it is good. And it is a big deal. And I pray that it helps to get me out of here sooner rather than later!

I'm also, somehow, finding a little time to work on my second year paper. I love how the process works. The professors yell at you to work on stuff, then you work on it (under duress I might add), give it to them, and then you wait. Then you wait. Then you wait a little more. You know, if they needed it so bad, then why does it just sit in their inbox and you have to go harass them for feedback? Anyway, I harassed in a manner that was a little dirty, and I suspect when I get my first round of feedback, it won't be very good. And while I am concerned, because I need good feedback, I'm not all that worried (see previous paragraph).

Well, I have to work at understanding the finer details of principal axis factoring in exploratory factor analysis, so, yeah, see me after the test today if you need anything.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?