Thursday, December 07, 2006

 

One down, two to go

We lost the first person out of my cohort in the Ph.D. program. There are were only three of us, now we're down to two. I figured I'd be the first to go, but I guess not. I was nearly out last spring, and one individual is involved in both incidents ... guess that helps confirm what I think about that individual.

I really don't understand what happened. I know I'm getting one part of the story from the member of my cohort, but then there are the things I can see with my own two eyes. Some things aren't making sense, but I'm much more inclined to side with my friend. I'm really not sure what this means for me, but I do know I do not like watching someone I enjoy working and talking with get kicked out.

The Ph.D. is a learning process for sure. Too bad much of what we learn entails the politics of handling the system and not actually learning how to do the work of a Ph.D.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?