Monday, February 12, 2007

 

Spring Time

Yeah, I know there's still a bit to go before we actually hit spring. But I really love spring time. And we're getting close. Know how I know?

I love it.

Work on the pickup truck is fast and furious. I've attached another picture below.

The new carburetor came in week before last and went on fairly easily. It was also fairly well tuned out of the box. The spark plugs were shot. After changing the plugs it pulled almost 20" of vacuum. I didn't even bother to adjust the idle mixture with almost 20" of vacuum. I did adjust the timing a bit.

The truck also got a new exhaust system. The system that was on it was totally rusted and falling off. It had several patches in it, and the patches were no longer holding. I ran down to the Summit Racing retail store (I can hardly believe I live 30 miles away from a Summit Racing retail store) and bought a set of Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers. I got a couple of prices on doing the installation from a couple of shops around my house. They installed it today. I was really surprised at how long it took them to do it. I also used the exhaust tips for the Superbee on the truck (the guy I bought the truck from had already purchased these). I wasn't going to use them on the Bee for multiple reasons and they now look really good on the old truck. It is really quiet now. But I do have a leak at the driver side exhaust manifold. I'm going to have to fix that shortly, that should help make it even quieter.

Yay spring!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?