Thursday, April 05, 2007

 

Bye 2002 Monte Carlo

As if dealing with the crooks of Dekalb County wasn't enough, a tree fell on my car and totaled it. Yeah, I've got insurance, but I don't think I can buy the car I had for what they are going to give me. And I really don't have time to take care of this and all the other things going on. Alex's car was hit too but not totaled. Now there's a tree in the yard that need cleaned up and the half of it still standing will need to be taken down by a professional.

I was really doing okay with all of this until I started taking out some of the stereo components I'd put in. I started thinking about how much I really did like car, about the amount of work I'd put into it, and the amount of time I'd spent in it. I was only 5 years old, but already had 123,000 miles on it. If I averaged 30mph (that's a low average if you know how I drive, but I put it down there so as to include the amount of time working on it, sleeping in it, and sitting not going anywhere) then I spent about 1/2 a year solid in my car. It is hard to not become attached to something you spent 1/2 a year with.

Well, there's work to be done. And I'm the one to do it. And we're out of beer too. What a day.
DSCF0002

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?