Sunday, September 16, 2007

 

Work

I bought a new Mac a few weeks ago. I was hoping to take advantage of the fact that the new Macs can run Windows. I was hoping to purchase SPSS with my graduate research money like several people had done before.

I bought Vista and got it running on my Mac easy as cake with Boot Camp. But then I realized OSX can't write to NTFS and Vista doesn't even see the Mac partitions. Well, if I were going to transfer information between Vista and OSX I would need to do something. I could use my thumb drive, but that didn't seem very elegant. I ended up finding some nice instructions in a wiki for making a third partition. Now I have both OS's running with a nice boot screen provided by rEFIt, and a 1Gb shared partition so I can transfer files between the OS's.

In the mean time, the school decided it won't let us buy software for our home computers anymore even if it is for school work. So I had to order SPSS from JourneyEd. I ordered it Next Day Air on Thursday. It didn't arrive Friday: grrrrrr. If it doesn't get here Monday I'm going to rip someone's nuts off.

Well, time to go put all my songs back on my new iPod since I used it as my backup for OSX.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?