Wednesday, May 14, 2008

 

United States Postal ...... Service?

The last two times I've been to the post office I've been stunned by the lack of service. I refuse to go to the post office behind the North Lake Mall because the line is almost always to the door and the clerks are blindingly slow.

I decided to try a post office near campus. The line was out the door with people waiting to ship packages. The clerk at the counter, even though the line was out the door(!!) packed up his station and left once his time was up. He was the only clerk working and then he was gone. It took him about 5 minutes to pack up, he never went to the back to get anyone else or anything. Finally, after a few more minutes, someone did come out and started checking people through.

Yesterday I decided to try the post office in Tucker. Once again, the line was out the door with people waiting to ship their things. Luckily, there were 4 clerks working. But even with the line out the door (!!!) one of the clerks packed up her station and left. No one took her spot.

In both instances people ended up leaving without shipping their items. I don't know if they went to UPS or what. The lack of service is just stunning. I thought the post office was in a big campaign to improve their customer service. If this is the improved service I would have hated to have seen it before.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?