Thursday, December 04, 2008

 

I hate Atlanta

I did something today that was my own fault. I'm going to blame it on Atlanta.

I hate Atlanta. I like our house. I like the people I work with (the people that are in the PhD program with me). But I can't stand this place. The thing I hate the most are the drivers.

I only have to drive 12 miles to work and 12 miles back home. But it doesn't matter what day of the week or time of day, you are going to see someone doing something really stupid with a car. I promise. Usually, the biggest issue is people who won't go. They won't go when they have right-of-way, the ywon't drive the speed limit, they stop then turn ... the list could go on and on.

Today I was following someone in a small foreign pickup who was driving just under the speed limit (on a road where most people go about 10 over) and they slowed down at a green light. Of course, because they slow down, the light turns red before we get there and neither of us make it through. The driver is turning left and I want to turn right. And instead of sitting in the left of the lane so someone can squeek by on the right (as most people turn right at this particular light), they sit in the middle of the lane. I decided to try to go by anyway. I hit the curb with the rim of my car, busted the rim, and flattened the tire.

It is my fault, but .... I just hate this place.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?