Friday, March 06, 2009

 

Does Not Walk On Water

I've been working with a famous I/O psychologist the past few years on an article that points out a significant gap in our statistical techniques. We were nearing the end phases of the project when I realized we had an incorrect citation. I got the correct citation and did a forward search on it using Web of Science to see if anyone had actually done what this author had suggested oh so many years ago. Well, of course they had. In fact, the area has its own name and a ton of articles.

What a crappy day. I found out that I've wasted a ton of time over the past couple of years working on the paper and I also found out that one of my idols does not walk on water. I'm glad I already planned on working on cars this weekend rather than anything that would make me think too hard. It is going to take me a bit to get un-pissed over this.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?