Thursday, April 23, 2009

 

Disser-working

The adviser must have just been having a bad day.

I talked to her the next day about some of the things she'd said before and we were able to sort a few items out. It wasn't exactly the most fun conversation I've ever had, but it was necessary. It wasn't mean or anything, but it wasn't exactly fun to tell my adviser, "an unfunded 6th year does not work for me financially and I won't be able to do an unfunded 6th year." So we talked about the kinds of options that are out there.

We then talked about my proposal. According to her, I have about 2.5 dissertation proposals written. There will be much trimming and firming up of ideas over the next couple of months, but overall, I have several avenues I can travel. I think I've got the one I want to take picked out. The other projects will make for great future research. So, not all bad actually, but much more thinking and working to do before I really have a proposal.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?