Saturday, July 25, 2009

 

Partly disassembled a turbo today

Started taking apart my turbo that I plan on rebuilding. There is next to no slop in this thing but it is 23 years old and will be coming apart regardless.

Both wheels look to be in great shape with no indication that either side ever ate anything.
DSCF0042

A look at the amount of meat in the outlet of the compressor cover. I hope to taper this so the lip is less than an 1/8" rather than over a 1/4"
DSCF0036

And just for fun, a shot of a 2.25" vs a 2.5" SV that'll be going on. That looks like more than just a quarter of an inch.
DSCF0043

This thing was just about completely rusted together. I tried using heat (oxy map) and PB Blaster but it just couldn't cut it. Many of the heads of the bolts connecting the exhaust housing to the center section were nearly round. Getting this SOB apart was not exactly fun.

Looks like I made myself a .48 housing to practice my porting skills.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?