Thursday, December 03, 2009

 

Build Day 9

Sorry I don't have any interesting pictures to go with this stuff lately. It is all mostly just tedious work and there's not much to take pictures of.

Today I got the pedestal issue cleared up. There was a burr from the original machining done that was sticking out and hitting the rocker. Got the rocker side clearance finally set. Used an adjustable pushrod checking tool to figure out what length pushrods I need to order. I checked about 1/2 of the rockers and I'm glad I did because there is some variance and if I wouldn't have checked that many I likely would have ordered pushrods that were too short by 0.050 or so. Well, they would have worked but it would not have been optimal.

My oil pan came in today too. Took it out of the box and got pissed right away because the pan itself has been beat up. If they were still making these I'd be sending this pan back to the guy I bought it from. Oh well, some quality time with a hammer and a welder tomorrow and I'll have it all squared away. But then the pan the pickup both need to go to the hot tank before I can do anything else with them. Ain't nothin' easy on this damn thing.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?