Thursday, January 14, 2010

 

Another truck engine day

The oil pan drain plug attachment in my oil pan was brazed in when I got it and in beating the pan back into shape caused the brazing to break. We brazed it back together and then I sanded down and repainted the damage to the paint from the heat.
P1220343

The rear sump pickup tube hit my windage tray preventing me from getting it spun around to the right location.
P1220335

We did a little heating and bending and got it all to fit.
P1220336

Put some clay on the pickup and placed the pan to make sure I had proper clearance.
P1220337

Good to go. Just need to bolt down the pan and cut the holes in the valve covers for the breathers. This sucker is almost ready to install!

Comments:
Hooray, installation! I'm looking forward to it!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?