Tuesday, January 05, 2010

 

Transmission!

Got the trans finished a few days ago and finally have time to post the pictures.

Here's some dirty parts:
DSCF0001

DSCF0002

Found a bolt in sprag & a 3.8 lever (the 5.0 lever was sooo yesterday), that was nice:
DSCF0003


Got the case cleaned up. Not the cleanest I've ever gotten a case but it was the best I could do with the time I had:
DSCF0004

Only six springs where we expect to see around twelve. I liked the way it shifted, so we left it with just six:
DSCF0008

Stack of clean parts:
DSCF0009

Just showing off my friend's homemade trans stand:
DSCF0012

Got the valve body cleaned up, made a few modifications, and ready to go back together
DSCF0014

The servos and accumulators are back in and ready to go:
DSCF0015

Clutch packs, drums, sun shell, and planetary gears are all back in:
DSCF0018

Pump is back in with a new seal and a new pump / convert bushing for the new converter:
DSCF0021

Correct style rear seal. My friend builds mostly race transmissions and doesn't use these so I had to pick that seal up. We used a connecting rod to go around the seal / bellows so that we could knock it in. Worked like a charm:
DSCF0022

Valve body and filter installed:
DSCF0023

Going to clean up and paint the pan when I get home so that I don't accidentally scratch it while transporting it before I even get it installed:
DSCF0025

One step closer.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?