Tuesday, February 09, 2010

 

Install Day 3

I moved the hard part of the trans mount around and got it to fit. I can't say I'm thrilled with this but all of the parts directly under a clamping load are clamped. I think there might be a bit of a moment arm front to back but it doesn't seem too bad.

P1220386

Here's where I dinged the passenger side header to make it fit.

P1220385

I don't know if I'll ever be able to bash on the driver side header enough to make it fit.

P1220383

I got the fan and a number of hoses installed.

P1220387

Cut out the carpet where I'd installed the MSD. You can see all the great holes in the floorboard that had been made for the A/C system. I don't know if I'm going to try to find some body plugs (may want A/C in the future) or just weld it all up and be done with it.

P1220388

Got the heater box in.

P1220391

Got the heater core in.

P1220392

And finally buttoned up.

P1220397

I reused the firewall grommets that were on the heater core tubes. I tried looking up the part number and couldn't find them. These were still pliable but I can't image they'll last another 42 years.

P1220394

Filled the radiator and transmission with fluids. Put the plug in the engine oil pan but since I still don't have a driver side header I haven't installed the dipstick tube. Put the battery in and ran the new line down to the starter. And for the first time in months I have headlights again.

P1220398

We'll have to see if I can get the driver side header to fit at all. If I can, tomorrow might be the first day this truck will have run since late September.

I've very excited.

Comments:
I've got my fingers crossed.
 
Going to wait for warmer weather and the new headers to get here.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?