Tuesday, May 02, 2006

 

Glad I didn't try

The one paper that was giving me trouble turned out to be a real bomb. I ended up pulling most of my ideas and worked on trying to edit the paper so that it would just get by. And, while it did get by, it may not be good enough.

I had my meeting with the guy this morning. It was a real browbeating. Luckily it only took about 15 min. He ended up giving me a "C" on the paper, which will be a "C" for the course. It was not enjoyable. I'm more than a little pissed off. I hope I have not hurt my career here in the Ph.D. program, but this may very well have been a very bad thing. I had already spoken with some others in the program before this, so they know I am not getting along well with this guy. Now I will have to check to make sure things are not totally messed up. "C's" are pretty much unacceptable.

To do so well in everything else and have to deal with this is a real pain in my ass. I'll have "A's" in all of my other courses. Hell, if I get 100% on the final like I did on my mid-term, I should get all the points possible in my Stats II class. This is really just silly.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?